Thursday, February 23, 2006

Here are the links to the Katrina dead stories in their entirety. I will post some follow ups on these stories depending on time and whether you all ask any questions. There is a chance the links will stop working, so let me know if they do and I'll try and work something else out. Unfortunately the photos are not attached to the last two anymore. Again, I'll try and work something out.
Personally, I felt best about the quality of the third one (How Did They Die?). However many people have responded to the first one very emotionally. Ah well. They're all long reads, so be patient and read through to the end...I guarantee it'll be rewarding in some way.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/13893899.htm

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/13903323.htm

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/13909486.htm

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you *hugz*

Dee

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god. I'm crying, crying, crying. I'm so thankful you guys are writing these stories so these people will not be forgotten.

Thanks.

Missouri reader

2:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Josh,

Even though you're supposed to be a "professional" journalist, I know those must have been damn hard to write. I hope the vacation was able to recoup what emptiness writing that story must have created.

Thank you and Mike for keeping us informed.

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing. We can't ever forget.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks...

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Josh,

Your stories were very good. The amount of information gathering is amazing, I enjoyed the whole thing. I tried to "follow you" in my mind for a few days as you put this story together. If only I could video journal my thoughts and visions and compare them to what you were really up to on those weeks leading up to these stories! It would be interesting. I know you were very busy. You're a very good writer and you make me smile. My cousin has been a Miami Sun Herald man for 15 years or so, (Laird) not a journalist though, but an important job nonetheless. I'm glad things are working out for you.

10:43 PM

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for returning and keeping those of us that are not from the Gulf area from forgetting.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home